In this post I will collect ideas what we can build into a sonic
screwdriver today, to make it a really useful tool.
- TV-B-Gone the famous TV on off switch is easy to integrate, and makes a good effect.
- A mechanical screwdriver (nothing special)
- A laser pointer
- A flashlight
- A pen
- A USB storge
- A small radio scanner
- A voltagetester
- Some capacitive buttons on the side to control screwdriver functions
- morse code controlled embedded shell
- a sound amplifier that you can use for various things even for finding telephone cables
- motion sensors and blinking leds
- screwdriver OS
- mp3/ogg player
- a recording and playback device
- speed indicator
- electronic compass
- GPS sensor with cw output
- infrared temperature sensor
- crypto infrastructure (signing and encryption of data)
- optical mouse pointer
- a camera
- some sort of status display or laser beamer
- a wire cutter
- add on interfaces….
so far, I’m sure i will get more ideas soon….